HOME     PROJECTS     STORIES     PHOTO WIZARD     ABOUT     WEBSITE

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wishing You a Joyous and Memorable 2010!

Over the years, my children have given me many wonderful gifts. As we wind down another Christmas season I begin to pack up memories of Christmases Past. This is the ninth year that I carefully wrap up my my most memorable gift from Christmas 2000. It was given to me by my three-year-old. For many, it was a pre-digital age when pictures were still taken on film. There was no instant review, no easy retake if the image wasn't exactly what was wanted--or expected. This gift was a surprise from my son's Primary class. I imagine the teacher, harried by her own holiday schedule, rushing off to pick up the printed photographs late the night before the Christmas activity. I'm sure she was wasn't prepared for the goofy expression captured by my angelic child. She wanted to retake the picture, but there wasn't enough time. I remember her profuse apologies for the unusual image. I couldn't help but crack up.Every year since 2000, this ornament is placed front and center on our holiday tree. It's my ALL TIME favorite ornament. Admit it, you can't help but smile when you catch a glimpse of the goofy little boy staring back at you! Nine years later and he's even more goofy!

Wishing you and your families a memorable New Year!