HOME     PROJECTS     STORIES     PHOTO WIZARD     ABOUT     WEBSITE

Friday, March 12, 2010

More Ways to Feature Family Faces!

Oh my, I feel another family faces project coming on!

Brandy at Home Sweet Home recently shared a fabulous Photo Collage Clock tutorial. The clock is beautiful in and of itself. The fact that she pulled the project off with just a couple of dollars is unbelievable. I LOVE a BARGAIN... and a BARGAIN turned HEIRLOOM makes me feel almost giddy.

Brandy, you did good!



Steph also gets big kudos. She shared her Family Face Monogram at A Little Moore. I started a project similar to this one. I wasn't smart enough to do only a MONOGRAM. I envisioned spelling out our entire last name and got as far as the third letter. {My project ended up in the 'never to be finished, but can't bring myself to throw it out' pile} Adding the pictures to the side of the letter really adds to the finished piece, plus it lets you include several more faces.

Very clever Steph!

The Creative Homemaker has posted several ideas that have my wheels turning. I love the Block Game. We're talking super simple...and we ALL know that simple projects stand a chance of getting done. She took six blocks and added a family member's name to each side of the blocks. One side of each block also gets a heart -land at a heart, earn extra points. The players simply throw the dice, I mean blocks, and earn points based on how many times their name lands upright. {I personally would change the names to faces...but you know me, I add faces to EVERYTHING!}


Looking for a fun St. Patrick's Day decoration? The Creative Homemaker also shares a creative way for displaying pictures for the holiday.


This last idea offers a twist on the typical family tree. The end result is breathtaking. Brooke at Inchmark created the original pedigree as the family 2009 holiday card. She then offered an updated version to share some very special news. You've gotta check it out here!

Hopefully, that's enough ideas to get your creative juices flowing. We've been working on a new Family Chart of our own. Hope to share it soon!

4 comments:

concretenprimroses said...

What a lot of good ideas!
I'm at a different stage oflife tho - I took up mosaics for example cuz it takes more time and I don't end up with too much stuff!
But heritage ideas are the exception!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention!

Tammy@Fear Not said...

I totally loved the plate! Hmmmm.... Thanks for the ideas. Glad to meet ya from "New Friend Friday".

chris said...

Very cool. I love how you used the silhouettes.