HOME     PROJECTS     STORIES     PHOTO WIZARD     ABOUT     WEBSITE

Thursday, May 20, 2010

WBFF Fox 45

As part of our whirlwind trip to Washington DC, we took a slight detour north (and to the east, I think) to Baltimore city. At first, Colton was put out because 3 days in DC is not enough. To share part of that precious time was hard for him to accept. He was right, but how could I turn down the opportunity to share my love of story telling with a news reporter on Fox TV?

Our plane landed at 11:30 pm. By the time we got to the hotel, unpacked and got ourselves tucked in, it was pushing 1:00 am. That's a normal day for me. But to turn around and have to get moving 4 1/2 hours later and ESPECIALLY to get a 13-year-old moving at that hour was nothing short of a miracle.

My moments with Megan Gilliland were delightful. Her energy was exactly what I needed to shake the cobwebs and wake up! She had just returned from covering a house fire and moments after introducing herself she was fully launched in reporting on ways to preserve family stories.

Here's the link to our news story. I feel like Julia Childs next to the tiny, petite Megan. We got to visit Julia's kitchen at the Smithsonian and I cracked up when I saw pictures of Julia towering over her kitchen guests. That's exactly how I felt standing next to Megan.

{Family 411 Report}

Colton was willing to share one of DC hours when Megan suggested that he be part of the interview. I wasn't so sure that was a good idea. My kids are amazingly supportive of this time-consuming, money-sucking adventure, but they also like to tell people what life is really like as their mom tries to portray the feeling of corporate America. The reality is that the boardroom table is my dining table and it's not unusual to have to eat in the backyard because every flat surface in the house is being used for Stories by Me creations. Gratefully, Megan didn't air the answer to one of her questions posed to the thirteen-year-old. She asked what he thought of his mom trying to start up her own business. His response? He thought I was just being lazy because I didn't want a REAL job? Huh? I don't think I've ever worked harder!

After our moment in the spot light we hit the ground running to see ALL of the sites of Washington DC (and Baltimore). I really think we covered every last inch of the city! Our feet are willing to back up that statement.

6 comments:

B's Mommy said...

Congratulations!! :)
Good Job Colton!!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

That is GREAT! Such impact in such a short time frame..really really good! Way to go ;-D

مشروع جديد ناجح said...

nice posting keep blogging,.... i am very new in blogging, please and kindly visit my blog,.. thanks a lot... God bless us

samnarene said...

You did a great job introducing your "Stories by Me" talents in this interview. It was nice Colton could be with you and share his comment as well as being a companion to see the sites.

Sillil said...

Megan Gilliland is hot. I love to see her on Fox 45.

Felicia said...


I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can contact them at their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com