HOME     PROJECTS     STORIES     PHOTO WIZARD     ABOUT     WEBSITE

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

AnimatedAtlas.com


Want a quick refresher on the story of the United States?

Today, a friend shared an amazing website: www.animatedatlas.com. I'm pretty familiar with the basic history of our nation, but in ten short minutes I was reintroduced to all sorts of interesting facts as to the growth of the United States starting with its original thirteen states in 1789.

Click on this link. http://www.animatedatlas.com/movie.html

Be sure to follow the instructions and turn your sound ON. The narration is a significant part of the presentation and you won't want to miss it!


After you finish the basic presentation, you should check out some of the other cool website features. You can click on any state for more details.

Click on any decade number in the timeline for a detailed snap shot of that time period. And when I say detailed I mean DETAILED! It's incredible how much information is crammed into such a simple format.

My hat goes off to Peter Mays, creator of this sweet website. He also offers an expanded version for $20 (US Dollars, of course). For now, I am all over this free version. I am going to have my kids become familiar with the resource, as well.

I have always loved the story of our nation. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this informative reader's digest version. I imagine that you will as well!

No comments: